Accelerate Assist is a free mentorship program for early stage high-tech startup companies. Contact us to apply to Accelerate Assist.
Accelerate Assist kicks off with a brainstorming session with a team of entrepreneurs-in-residence. The startup company is then paired with an entrepreneur-in-residence and develops a set of milestones for the over a three to sixth month period. Completion of the Accelerate Assist program may result in an opportunity to pitch to the Accelerate Long Island Seed Fund or connections with other early stage funding sources. Typical coaching topics include:
- Developing or refining the market for the technology.
- Determining the pain in the market and determining the best economic model for the company.
- Navigating intellectual property issues.
- Polishing the pitch for funding.
- Assistance with company formation and management.
The startup company will receive assistance from business school students in Accelerate Long Island’s internship program and can take advantage of services provided by Accelerate Long Island’s professional service partners:
- Farrell Fritz PC
- Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana, LLP
- Carter, DeLuca, Farrell & Schmidt LLP
- Harris Beach PLLC
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Ruskin Moscou Faltischek PC
- Ernst & Young LLP
- CohnReznick LLP
- EisnerAmper LLP
- Frankel Loughran Starr & Vallone LLP
- Nussbaum Yates Berg Klein & Wolpow LLP
Accelerate Long Island is also working with other Long Island Entrepreneur-in-Residence programs at the Stony Brook University Small Business Development Center, the Center for Advanced Technology in Diagnostic Tools and Sensor Systems (Sensor CAT) and the Center for Biotechnology at Stony Brook University to expand the mentor network available to early-stage start-up companies.